Previous: « Time To Shine Next: Final Stretch »
The semester is coming to a close, and boy have we been busy! We have been working hard to finish our mobile unit, which is looking better and better every day! We had a lot of running around to do to buy all of our supplies and then we got to begin working! After hours and hours of sanding, we finally got to the fun part – painting/assembling!
The next step of assembly was to fill some spots with zebra mussels. Thanks to Rod, we had an abundance of them! Most of our time this week was spent elbows deep in zebra mussels! After a long, smelly day of cleaning and sorting, we finally had the zebra mussels ready to put into the unit.
And, voila! They’re in!
We also started putting the sand in the “aquarium” part of our unit. Mixing the sand with some glue we got the first layer down, and it stuck better than we thought! We also finalized all our research that we are putting on the display and our next step is to get it all printed and put it on the unit!
We are going “all in” for this project! By the end of every day spent working on this, we were covered head to toe in everything from sawdust, to paint, to fishy smelling water! We had a very productive week and continue to work hard up until the exhibition on Thursday! Come out and see our completed display!!