It was a busy night this past Tuesday! Since it was the last working day of class, we had to get everything done and started to prepare the final presentation. During the first two hours of Tuesday’s class, our group combined everyone’s parts of the legacy report and did some minor editing and formatting in order to print the report on Wednesday.
After that, we began to finish up the work we left last Thursday—putting bird feeders and bird houses on the post. We punched holes on the sides and bottoms of the bird houses so that they could be screwed onto the post with ease. We went to the Ecohouse site; the concrete base was quite solid. Consequentially, it was time to put our bird houses and feeders against it and see how it would look. Rod gave us advice on how it is important to keep in mind the various angles one can examine the post from. Every angle represents a distinct meaning and focus of the post. At that point, we purchased more bird houses, and we attached them in various positions and angles in order to see how everything would fit together aesthetically. Moreover, we received a picture of a bird perched at the top of the post! Although we did not have enough time to attach the bird houses on permanently, we have left detailed plans in our legacy report on how everything will fit together. It will be a minor project for the next group of students to take on and should be completed within several days.